How to Maintain a Pipette?
1. When liquid accidentally flows into the piston chamber, the contaminants should be promptly removed.
2. After using the pipette, adjust the pipette range to the maximum and place the pipette vertically on the pipette rack.
3. All pipettes should be regularly washed with soapy water or 60% isopropanol according to the frequency of use, then rinsed with double distilled water and air dried.
4. Avoid placing it at a higher temperature to prevent deformation or leakage.
5. If there is a problem, go to the professionals for help in timely.
6. Do not place pipette level or upside down when there is liquid in pipette tip to prevent liquid from flowing into piston chamber to corrode pipette piston.
7. Use the pipettes properly to aspirate and drain to achieve high accuracy.
8. The method that usually used to check liquid leakage: After pipetting, stop 1-3 seconds in the liquids to observe the liquid level in the tip drop; if the liquid level drop, firstly check whether there is a problem with the tip, if there is a problem, replace the tip; After replacing the tip, the liquid level is still down, maybe there is a problem with piston module, you should find a professional maintenance staff to repair it.
9. For the pipettes that needing high-temperature disinfection, first, you should check whether the pipette is suitable for high-temperature disinfection.