How to Maintenance of HPLC Column?
(1) The joint cannot tightly, otherwise, it can damage the joint threads and cause leakage.
(2) Do not place the HPLC column in a place where there is air flow or direct it into the sunlight. The air flow and sunlight will cause the column to generate a temperature gradient to cause the baseline drift. If the baseline drift is suspected to be caused by a temperature gradient, it can be managed to keep the column constant.
(3) If the instrument is used for routine analysis, the sample type is limited, but the analysis is a lot. It may be possible to allocate a dedicated column for each type of conventional analysis, which will help to prolong the life of the HPLC column.
(4) If the sample is suspected to contaminate the column, use the appropriate solvent to slowly wash the column overnight, and then re-balance the column in the morning (about 3min).
(5) When moving the pillar for loading, unloading, replacement, storage, etc., the movement should be light, do not make it collide, lest the column bed should be caused by vibration to create space or channel.
(6) HPLC column should be labeled, and the old and new should be separated from each other.
(7) When the HPLC column is not used or stored, it should be closed and stored in an inert solvent.