How to Protect HPLC Column
1. Notice the installation of the post: Be gentle with the post, don’t be too rude, if the post meets the greater mechanical force, it will make the stuff inside collapse.
2. Select mobile phase: Before the experiment, it can be measured with pH meter and adjusted when it’s necessary. The selected reagent of the flow phase is preferably chromatographic which would reduce the pollution of the column.
3. The flow velocity and temperature cannot be changed rapidly. The ratio of flow velocity should be changed slowly so that the impact on the column will be smaller.
4. The balance time of the column. Before testing, the column should be balanced.
5. After the experiment, the chromatographic column needs to be developed. If the ions are in the buffer liquid phase, it is better to change the ratio of the ions to the buffer to the water, and the organic solvent is used to flush the liquid.