Introduction And Maintenance of Pipette
Pipette is a type of equipment commonly used in biological and chemical laboratories, but some people do not know it because there are few people in contact. The equipment is featured on easy disassembly and maintenance, and it can be calibrated by the user without professional tools.
1. There are ten different specifications with the volume varies from 0.1ul to 5ml, which meet the daily needs, while the accuracy is high.
2. The lower part of the pipette can be sterilized in high temperature. As long as the lower part is slightly unscrewed, it can be disassembled and sterilized. Therefore, it is suitable to perform some biologically hazardous task or in sterilization application.
3. ergonomic design.
4, Comply with ISO9000 and GLP regulations, users can independently calibrate. Calibration of digitally adjustable pipette requires no tools, and fixed volume pipette calibration requires only a small tool. The accuracy is high.
5. Each pipette has a performance certificate provided by the factory, which is obtained through a series of complete tests.
6. The pipe can rotate 360°C, can be disassembled without tools and sterile at 121 °C.
7. The pipette tip connection has a unique V-shaped ring that can fit different brands of tips.
Most common faults and the solutions
If not used, the scale of the pipette should be adjusted to the maximum to relax and protect the spring.
Clean the pipette on a regular basis. Use soapy water or 60% isopropyl alcohol, then rinse with distilled water and dry naturally.
Before sterilization in high temperature, make sure that the pipette adapts to high temperature.
The calibration should be conducted in 20-25 degree environment by repeating of the weighing of distilled water several times.
Make sure there is no leakage before using. Suck some liquid and hold the pipette vertical for a few seconds, observe if the liquid level drops. If there is leakage, check the follows:
1. Whether the pipette tips matches
2. Whether the spring piston is normal
3. If it is a volatile liquid (many organic solvents), it may be a problem with saturated vapor pressure. Suck and release the liquid several times before pipetting