Maintenance and use of pipettes
The precautions during use of the pipette are as follows:
1. When adjusting from large volume to small volume, for normal adjustment method, rotate the scale counterclockwise;
2. When adjusting from small volume to large volume, it can be adjusted clockwise to the scale exceeding the set volume, and then adjusted back to the set volume, which can ensure the best accuracy.
1. Single-channel pipette, insert the pipetting end vertically into the tip, turn it slightly on the left and right, tighten it up.
2. It is not advisable to use the pipette to repeatedly hit the tip to tighten. This operation will cause the pipette parts to lose due to strong impact. In severe cases, the knob of the adjustment scale will be stuck.
3. Multi-channel pipette, align the first line of the pipette with the first tip, insert it obliquely, and slightly rock it up and down before and after the tip is inserted, and then slightly exceed the O-ring.
1. If the liquid accidentally enters the piston chamber, the pollutants should be removed in time;
2. After the pipette is used, adjust the pipette range to the maximum value and place the pipette vertically on the pipette holder;
3. All pipettes should be cleaned regularly with soapy water or with 60% isopropanol according to the frequency of use, then washed with double distilled water and dried;
4. Avoid placing it at a higher temperature to prevent deformation or leakage or inaccuracy;
5. Find problems and find professionals in time;
6. When the pipette nozzle has liquid, do not place the pipette horizontally or upside down to prevent liquid from flowing into the piston chamber to corrode the pipette piston;
7. Correctly use pipette to absorb and drain liquid to achieve high precision;
8. Usually check whether the liquid leaks: After absorbing liquid, stop in the liquid for 1-3 seconds to observe whether the liquid level in the suction head is lowered; if the liquid level drops first, check if there is any problem with the suction head, if there is any problem, replace the suction head, replace The liquid level still drops after the tip indicates that there is a problem with the piston assembly and should be repaired by a qualified service technician.
9. Pipettes that require high temperature disinfection should first check whether the pipette used is suitable for high temperature sterilization before processing.